16 May 2009

Old Photos Before We Were Born

My father's maid was browsing through some old photos when I was in Penang. I thought some of them might be interesting to be posted in this blog. So I took the photos of the photos.

The following is the old soccer team of Khoon Aik school. I think this was the team my dad was proud of and used to talk about.




The following photo was taken during the year I was born. The location was in the current Khoon Aik school. You may notice your brother/sister here.



The following photo I believe was taken when Khoon Aik school was located in front of Hokkien Association or the stores. I have never seen this building myself. Do you see your father or mother?



Does the scenery of the following photo looks familiar to you? This photo was taken by my father, better known to all of you as Mr. Yew, decades ago when Kangar was flooded. This housing area is next to SMP. It was infamous for the high frequency of flood as well as a haunted area. The second house was where my family used to stay. The first house was stayed by Mr. & Mrs. Lim. Both of them were Khoon Aik teachers...I call the wife "Lan Shen" [Mandarin]. She still lives in Lorong 3, Taman Perlis. After they moved away, a few families moved in and out over the years. One of them was YC's family.

4 comments:

KK said...

LS, Once of this day, some our kids might post something we wroted in our blogs.... or Soo Aun memories... Right?? That is part of life...

Umbrella Rec said...

KK, "life is like a box of chocolate, you'll never know what you're gonna get" - quote Forrest Gump. I wished I had more information about those photos like who are they. I recognise some of the teachers in the photo of the football team like Mr. Lim who died of lung cancer, Mr. Lee (Ching Chang) and I think the middle one is Mr. Foo. Unfortunately, not more than that. The photo taken during the flood brings back a lot of memory for me. My neighbour, Mr. Lim's son, that I called "Ah Bird Ko Ko" (brother Bird) used his mom's food cover to catch fishes for me at the area with lots of chicken poo. Later, when I was a teenager I found out his real name was Albert...married to a very nice Indian lady...became a teacher. I heard he also keep fishes, dogs, etc like a typical farm guy :)

Liew said...

"life is like a box of chocolate, you'll never know what you're gonna get"
I don't know why people like this quote. As I always know what I gonna get when I buy a chocolate.

It should be rephrased to " life is like a game of tikam,..."

SMP 1988 said...

Well, the phrase is applicable when you buy those more expensive chocolate in a box that has multiple flavour. You'll never know the ingredients. One example is Poulain chocolates that I bought from Paris. Maybe the ingredients are listed on the box but I cannot read French. Even if I can read French, each individual chocolate has different ingredients. So, you will never know what you're gonna get :)