15 May 2009

Longest Conversation In My Life

I had a VIOP (voice over internet protocol) call via Skype with PL last night. I always thought I had nothing much to talk to her after so many years of not directly talking to each other. Furthermore, I am not a good talker. I was completely wrong!! Our conversation lasted at least 3-4 hours (did I calculate correctly, PL?). We had so much to talk about. It was my first conversation in Skype that lasted me more than 30 minutes. If I include phone calls, the duration beat every single conversation I had throughout my whole life. Of course, the duration included my conversation with her husband and the youngest son too. I didn't know the husband and sons previously. The eldest son was messaging with me for a while in Skype as well asking me about "why my mother said I am your son?" and computer related stuff.

I could not imagine myself feeling so close to an old friend I have not talked to for decades. Furthermore, I was not close with her since secondary school. We were close around Standard 4-5 period just because we used to annoyed one another among Yen Foo, PL, Phaik Shan and myself. I still remember Yen Foo called PL - "thea mau zhi" (steel helmet) because of her hair style last time. Hahaha....Phaik Shan, don't kill me....:)

I am glad for PL that she has such a happy family with a very good husband and good sons. PL, I cannot stop telling people about you because I am so happy for you.

I would also like to inform those from non-Raya classes in SMP years not to be shy about posting here. Please voice out. None of us care about SMP classes these days. Even if the whole world ignores you, I won't. I think some of you are aware that I mixed with any Tom, Dick and Harry back in SMP. I mixed with the naughty and bad students as well as good ones...both science stream and art stream. I was close with Shee Leong, Kooi Vee, Yen Foo, etc...they're all from art stream....even our "oh beh" (black horse or Mah Chee Soong). I was also close with Chee Beng, Boon Kheng, Chun Wai, Eng Hong, etc from non-Raya classes. I visited daily to Chun Wai's house to mix with the naughty gang from Taman Perlis too - I met one of them that I could not recognise years ago and had a short conversation with him...I found him to be a decent man now although he used to be a troublemaker. So, don't be shy....learn from PL. VOICE OUT!!! YOU WILL BE SURPRISED!

L.S.

13 comments:

老帅哥 said...

Lao Sai, finally you meet your own son hah???

Umbrella Rec said...

Haven't met...only messaging with him about technical questions and answers :)

L.S.

Liew said...

Hahaha,
I can't imagine if one boy ask me "why my mother say I'm your son?". Sure a lot of explanation to make.

By the way, that boy must be really confused. :)

Anonymous said...

LS, 很荣幸得到你的“第一次”。。。虽然其它方面的第一次不是属于我。。。Hahahaha......
我们确实谈了很多。。。虽然多年失去联络,没想到我们彼此的感觉一点都不陌生、不生疏,就像与亲人交谈一样,一点也不生涩,不需要设防、扭捏。。我们侃侃而谈。。。谈过去、谈现况、谈中/小学同窗。。。(当然少不了你/妳在我们话题当中出现。。。;)不知不觉的就这样谈了4个多小时!如果不是夜已深,(再加上我尚未洗澡;)我想我们还有话题继续聊下去呢!!;P
祥~~我会和你一样珍惜这份情谊。友谊万岁!万万岁!!!

PL

LC said...

怎么左看右看都有种遇上初恋情人的感觉:)

PL, 昨天我看到蔡燕娟,是在喜筵上遇到的。

佩玲 said...

脸儿红,心儿跳。。。初恋情人。。哈哈哈。。。
大美人~蔡燕娟??她还是貌美如昔吧??她呀!还时常有sms来说她有多爱我、想我的咧!!非常可爱的一个好朋友!!

LC said...

是咯,她也是这么说, 还是这么美,还上台唱歌。还带了她的女儿,也是美女。

还有看到许晶晶。 又遇到苏建明和老二,他们好像也要来个同学会。

PL said...

啊!!这么热闹??同学会??他们的同学不是我们meh??妳没叫他们上来我们这个网站吗?1988的同学不要分开办同学会嘛!!:)

LC said...

好像只是在加央的聚会而已,不过他们没有确实日期,只是提议。
我sms这里给燕娟,不知她会上来吗

yy said...

喂!你们提的这些人我都认识,许晶晶还在kuala perlis吗?记得他们叫我yy时,晶晶是叫momoko,杨丽婷是叫Marhci的,好好笑,他们是我来到SMP的第一批朋友,燕娟不是嫁去Alor Setar吗?

Umbrella Rec said...

San Siang, I was well prepared. I knew how to answer PL's son very professionally. I have a feeling that PL and her son "pakat" one....hahaha. Anyway, PL's husband knows about it. He's a very nice man. PL, you're very lucky. :)

I have see some very suspicious husbands/boyfriends/wives/girlfriends to some of my friends/relatives. I can tell you that it's a nightmare to have them as your partner. Even living in the same house with them is a torture.

老帅哥 said...

刘山歌,你知道吗,方师奶的大儿子竟然长得和Lau Sai 一模一样。。。。所以,大家也怀疑他们两人之间有什么不可告人的。。。。

方师奶,我答应歪老姨,在这里青菜写写,不敢太撩人。。。。

Umbrella Rec said...

Uncle Lai, we don't sell 青菜 here....