17 October 2009

Time Is Running Out

Looking at the situation of 2009. So many people around us have passed away. Sometimes it makes me wonder whether the end of the world is coming. I was telling Golden the same thing - the Mayan prediction...how accurate is it? Do we really have less than 3 more years to go? Are we going to see the end of ourselves? I have been a non-believer in the year 2000 could create havoc around the world. I doubt the world will come to an end but I believe the end will come one day. When? Could be today. Could be tommorrow. Could be next year? Could be 100 years later or even a few million years later.

Back to something more realistic, as you notice that one by one of us especially our teachers are leaving this planet one by one. If there's a wish to have a huge scale gathering...something bigger than what we had in Penang, I think we should plan it from now. I have been thinking that maybe we should invite our former teachers from Khoon Aik and SMP to join us as well. I wonder how many of them are still capable of attending the gathering. We'll never know who is going to miss this gathering if we keep delaying. It does not have to be one or two persons sponsoring it. If each of us is willing to pay for it like we used to do in Penang, it should not be a problem at all. I think the ideal period for the gathering is during school holidays. As for venue, I am not sure whether the hall in Khoon Aik School or Penang are good ideas. I don't know how many of our former teachers are still in Kangar or how many have moved to Penang (I am aware of some who are in Penang but the number does not exceed 5). Maybe it's more fun to be held in Khoon Aik as we get to see our old school inside instead of from the outside.

Please vote for the location at the right hand side of this blog!!

What do you guys/ladies think? Please provide me your comment.

3 comments:

WK said...

LS, can you add a widget for voting? You can collect the info via the objective question:
Question: Gathering in....
Answer: (a) Khoon Aik/ Kangar
(b) Penang

Voting is the trend now leh, ABC, PKR, DAP, PAS, MCA, MIC, UMNO, PQR, XYZ.... all go for that.

Umbrella Rec said...

WK, thank you for your suggestion. I have never thought about that. It's a good idea indeed.

Umbrella Rec said...

Hmm..only 11 persons exist to vote out of one school consisting of 5 or 6 classes??? I cannot even remember how many classes we had in 1988.