03 July 2009

Words From The Dead

This morning when I woke up, I don't know why I keep thinking about LC's dad. I always remember him as a soft spoken, kind and true family friend. He's an old friend of my family that saw me since the day I was born. I still remember him walking around at Taman Perlis and I often passed by him and greeted him "Uncle!". He always call me "Ah Siong" instead of "Ah Siang" and he called my dad "Master Yew" instead of "Mister Yew". That makes him unique! The month or weeks my parents moved away from Kangar to Penang, he dropped by my former house almost daily. He even broke down and cried a few times saying he might never see us again. Although I kept denying that, it came true when my parents told me about his death. I remember my mom told me that it's very "pai seh" for him to give my family a treat a few times within that month. I insisted on paying for it on the last meal we had together. I am glad that I could give a treat to such a nice man.

I have no idea when is LC's father's death anniversary but he came to me in the form of a memory. So I decided to write a little bit about him. I don't even know his real name but he's known as "Ngo Huat Uncle" by my sister and I.

The word that kept playing over and over on my head this morning was the word he told me when I was about to fly to England for further studies. He told me "You're representing Malaysians". To be honest, the moment he told me I was wondering what have I done to represent Malaysians, my grandmother paid for my studies, the government did nothing much to help, I was only representing myself and my family,..... Maybe Ngo Huat Uncle has something to remind me and wants me to dig deeper into my thought.....

I still feel bad that I could not bring my parents to see him when he was alive. My sister and I were worried that my parents could not take the long journey the last time we talked about bringing them to visit Kangar. I believe the hope is totally lost now based on the health condition of my dad and the death of my own mother.

3 comments:

yy said...

去年与LC重新联结时,他父亲遇车祸。但那时不勤于联络,导致其父过世时我几个礼拜后才知道。

LC said...

我的父亲。。。

。。是个好人,不懂拒绝的好人。
。。是个好客的人,太客气,客气到我回家他会拿椅子给我的人。
。。容忍,没见过他对我们家人或任何人发过脾气。

爸爸是在经过篮球场时,给正在打篮球的孩子撞倒,骨折,动手术之后才过世的。

爸爸一生最爱吃东西,一餐可以吃很多东西,可是在他住院的那个星期,直到他逝世时,都没吃到东西。。。每次想到这个就很难受。。。

Burnet Ct.'s Corner said...

LC,

It must be hard for you... I am so sorry for your lost. I believe he has his peace now and wishes you to have peace. He is watching upon you. Give him a smile.

leeza